Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WooHoo

Walking Zack to school this morning was not as frustrating as last week's test run. We walked straight up Smithfield and turned onto Maple, making the trip slightly shorter. Then Fayetteville wasn't as busy because the carpool lane hadn't started yet. We even had to wait outside the front doors for a few minutes. A dad that was dropping off his kids recognized me because he passed me as I was walking. I told him that I would love it if other parents walked with me. Maybe the word will start to get around!

Mark said that putting the boys to bed last night went a little easier. He had to be stern at first, but they went down pretty easily. Which they should have, because Zack was tired from not having a nap at school. Maybe I can get him to lay down for a little bit when he gets home today. I was able to deal with his grumpiness yesterday and this morning calmly. Yesterday he really wqanted to complete a puzzle, but he was getting so frustrated. I sent him to his room to read a book for a while, and I put the puzzle away (without breaking it apart). When Daddy got home, Zack admitted to him that he was grumpy because he didn't have a nap.

Thought for the day: (as I was walking to the school, realizing how easy it was seeming to be) You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment