Wednesday, February 24, 2010

two months later

Okay, back again. Is this the third or fourth time I've started on this thing?

Last week, I was tired. Tired of not exercising. You see, we cancelled out gym membership because the gym didn't have a day care. So I couldn't go there during the day. And although we have the nice (scratch that--btw, how do you make it marked through?) piece of junk jogging stroller/bike trailer in which all four of the shoulder straps have since worn through and broken off, it's just been too darn cold to subject Xander to such torture. Plus, who wants to get out and walk when it's 35 degrees and windy?? Well, maybe my husband does, but not me.

So I set off on a quest to find a Wii Fit Plus, with the balance board. Unfortunately, after looking online for availability at every Walmart, Target and Best Buy in the area, and going to the Super Walmart twice in one day, I came up empty handed. I was pretty much ready to cry! Which seems appropriate since I hadn't had a good dose of endorphines for a while.

Another trip to Target (for something that I forgot on another trip, no doubt) brought me to the exercise section where they have several DVDs. Before I spent money on one of those, I wanted to try it out through Blockbuster. I got "The Biggest Loser Workout Volume 1" in the mail today, and I feel great about it! This one DVD has a six week workout program on it, and it only costs $9 at Target!! That's like a whole bunch of savings from a gym membership. It not only has low and high intensity cardio, it has weights and sculpting as well--just what I like and need! I'm definitely going to buy the DVD next time I'm in Target.

So here's my stats since I last posted: I've been trying to eat healthier, which mostly means less and including more fruits and veggies. I've also gone a little healthier when eating fast food by not having any or at least having fewer french fries and not having cheeseburgers. Oh, and I've tried more recipes from Deceptively Delicious, only one of which was a total flop. I need to up my water intake, too, but I'm sure that will happen if I'm working out six days a week (!). Since I haven't been working as much in the evening, I've been able to actually clean up after dinner, and I've been doing okay (at lease since last Friday) with keeping up with the rest of the house. I need to get Mark more on board, because I have to work a lot again next week.

From my highest weight, I have lost about 7 pounds or so. I've fluctuated a bit, but I haven't gone back over that magic number that I mentioned a while back. Only 38 more pounds to go!

Thought for the Day: Every day, week, month, year can be a new beginning. You have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment